What to visit?
There is plenty to do during your stay in Manche, below are a few of our favourite things!
- Visit Mont St. Michel and the surrounding bay – why not carry on to St. Malo and the sculptures at Rothéneuf?
- Day trip to the islands of Jersey/Guernsey or Chaussey only an hour from Carteret and Granville by ferry!
- Walk the coastal path and visit the stunning Nez de Jobourg
- Visit a local flea market (vide grenier) and pick up a bargain and a sausage!
- Shop in Cherbourg and see the submarines at Cité de la mer.
- Visit the region using the ‘voies vertes’ a network of hundreds of km of cycle paths.
- Bodyboard, kitesurf or land yacht on the fantastic local sandy beaches.
- Visit the D-Day beaches and museums to understand the history of the area.
- Paris is 2 hours away by train, good value for a day trip if tickets booked in advance.
- The kids are sure to love Festyland, Champrepus & the maize maze near Valognes.
- Beautiful Bayeux with the tapestry, cathedral and mediaeval centre is just 45 mins.
- Walk the Vauban fortifications at Saint-Vaast-la Hogue, a world heritage site, lunch at Barfleur?